[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 1 05:18:15 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 23:17 +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
[snip]
> An effective DOS attack on a $300,000 Alpha running NT I used to use was
> "wiggle the mouse" :-) I never really understood how that brought a
> multi-CPU machine to a standstill, but it did.

Reminds me of an Internet Call Diversion pilot WorldCom did back in 2000
where Alcatel & some M$ drones brought in 2 very big Alpha servers
running NT. These boxes needed to be rebooted multiple times. They were
surprised WCOM felt having to reboot these boxes all the time was
unacceptable in an environment requiring 5nines availability. Never
laughed so hard when I saw the incredulous faces of the M$ drones. We
brought in a Stratus based solution and won the project.

Regards,
Patrick