[Asterisk-Users] SNOM Phones MWI, Hold & Retrieve buttons not working with Asterisk v1.2

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon Nov 28 14:32:26 MST 2005

On 13:48, Mon 28 Nov 05, Sascha Deri wrote:
> Additionally, the Retrieve voicemail butotn on the phones no longer
> work.  The MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) lights up, but when you press
> the button you get "Not Found sip:asterisk@" and busy signal.

I have been fighting with the same thing for hours.
The old asterisk sent MWI messages as
nobody at ip.of.asterisk.server
The new code sends this as asterisk at ip.of.asterisk.server

This can be overwritten by some setting in sip.conf, but I
didn't look into that.
I simply setup an extension:
exten => asterisk,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})

That did the trick for me.
Hope this helps you.

--
Michiel van Baak