[Asterisk-Users] A rather big setup.

Script Head scripthead at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 15:13:13 MST 2005

Spreading * servers across multiple floors sounds like a bad idea since it'd
increase maintenance time. With your projected call volume there's no way
you can reliably run g729 or any other CPU hog of a codec on a single box.
For this kind of a setup you'd need 2-3 boxes and a SER/heartbeat box to
handle registration and call distribution. I would also isolate CDR
recording to a separate box running a database like Postgres (IMHO better
choice due to WAL) or MySQL.

ScriptHead