[Asterisk-Users] A rather big setup.

Vedran Dakic java at it-review.net
Sun Nov 27 20:27:34 MST 2005

I'm very aware of the maintenance issue, but it would also give me a great
deal of freedom for some various other

things as well. This of course depends on the Asterisk architecture, which
I'm not completely aware of - in detail

anyway.

How does Asterisk handle this kind of setup with one-two/cluster central
server(s) and a bunch of other servers

connected with IAX(2)? If you have local calls, do they go directly from
phone to phone, do they go from phone to

per-floor-Asterisk server, or they have to be interconnected via the main
Asterisk server(s)/cluster? I mean, there's

little point of doing this kind of setup with dedicated Asterisk servers on
each floor if you don't get your central

server/cluster free of some work - at least of internal calls. Also, it
kills scalability, which is always an "issue".

Anyone?

Cheers,

Vedran.

  _____