[Asterisk-Users] Would DECT cordless phones work with Asterisk and VOIP?

Kristof Hardy kristof.hardy at catsanddogs.com
Sun Nov 27 03:03:15 MST 2005

Larry Alkoff wrote:
> In my house, a Uniden 5.8 and Panasonic 2.4 cordless system would only
> work over about 35 feet indoors - not enough for a large house.
> Does anyone have any hands-on experience with DECT?

I have recently discovered kirk (kirktelecom.com) wich also uses
something like DECT, but according to their website, a modified version.
Now, what makes this interesting is, you can use 'repeaters' so you can
even bridge larger distances. (you can use multiple repeaters, but there
is a maximum, check their website)

To summarize, I'm using: IP600 and a Kirk4020 and 4040 and a
repeater-box. The only drawback is, you can't use "regular" dect-phones
with this system.

I found them to be very reliable, and when using chan_sccp, you can
interface very smoothly with asterisk.

cheers!