[Asterisk-Users] Would DECT cordless phones work with Asterisk and VOIP?

John Daragon john at argv.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 03:06:22 MST 2005

Larry Alkoff wrote:
Snip ...

> Does anyone have any hands-on experience with DECT?

We have an old BT DECT phone in the house, connectd to an FXS port on a
TDM400 card.  We get a burst of white noise (inaudible to the guys at
the other end) for about half a second when we pick up, but apart from
that it's fine. Range is about 100m in clear air. We have 3 ft thick
stone walls and it copes with that very well.

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
argv[0] limited
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127