[Asterisk-Users] Would DECT cordless phones work with Asterisk and VOIP?

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Sun Nov 27 04:32:00 MST 2005

On Sun, November 27, 2005 9:24, Rico -mc- Gloeckner said:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 09:11:46AM +0100, Francesco Peeters wrote:
>> As soon as I have some test-experience with the setup I will:
>> - Let the list know (both this thread and the '2 hfc-pci cards do not
>> work' thread)
>> - Write an extensive wiki article on the setup for others to learn
>> from...
>>  ;-)
>
> Siemens DECT 4XXX, two Longshine LCS8051 HFC Cards, VISDN as driver
> (www.visdn.org), one NT Mode (NTBA connectd, DECT on NTBA), one TE Mode
> to POTS.  Box: AMD 400Mhz, 256 M Ram.
>
> works like a charme, either ISDN<->SIP, or ISDN<->ISDN.
>
> Btw, i have not soldered anything on the cards, why did you crossconnect
> the timers on your cards?

The Florz patch allows for timer slave mode, which means the buffer timers
for the NT cards are derived from (one of) the TE card(s), That way the NT
cards are always synchronized to the ISDN PSTN, which would mean that
there ir virtually nill chance of buffer over- or underruns, thus
improving call quality when crossconnecting the cards for PSTN calls...

It is not really crossconnecting, it is parallel connecting the cards, ie
all NT cards and *one* TE card have their cologne chip's pins 54 connected
to eachother, as well as all their pins 53 and 52... I have followed
Florian's tip to make connectors, so you can connect them using a cable,
rather than having them always connected.

This also allows me to test with both configurations: double master or
master/slave...

More to come...  ;-)

--
Francesco Peeters