[Asterisk-Users] Multiple HFC-PCI cards in mixed modes (TE+NT) won't work!...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Nov 23 12:29:23 MST 2005

On Wed, November 23, 2005 11:17, Francesco Peeters said:
> On Wed, November 23, 2005 7:21, Tzafrir Cohen said:
>> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:20:23PM +0100, Francesco Peeters wrote:
>>> I have seen several claims that it can be done: Multiple HFC-PCI cards
>>> running both BRI_CPE_PTMP and BRI_NET_PTMP simultaneously, but *nobody*
>>> has been able yet to tell me the exact setup to make it work...
>>>
>>> My asterisk server breaks as soon as I turn one of the two cards in to
>>> an
>>> NT card, which I suspect is an issue in the (Florz-patched) BriStuffed
>>> chan_zap.so module, but as my cards aren't original Junghanns', they
>>> obviously aren't supported by Junghanns...
>>> (ZapHFC btw shows both cards active, one as TE Master, the other as NT
>>> slave, so that seems to be OK! I therefore doubt it is the Florz
>>> patch!)
>>
>> And you're very scarse on details here. How about your zaptel.conf and
>> the relevant prts of your zapata.conf?
>>

> I had those in previous posts to which nobody responded... I'll repeat
> below!
>
>> Also: if you want just one of the cards in NT mode and the other
>> in TE mode, how can you be sure which one os the first and which is the
>> second?
>>

> 1) Put in both cards
> 2) Activate only the first in TE mode
> 3) Test which one responds with D-channel up/down messages when connected
> to the PSTN
> 4) The other one is the second one, which will be running in NT mode...
>
> ;-)

Just a question: Does the card require a device connected to it to start
up in NT mode? I have been testing so far, so I have not yet connected my
phone to the card with a cross-cable because I did not want to lose normal
telephone access...

TIA!

--
Francesco Peeters