[Asterisk-Users] Multiple HFC-PCI cards in mixed modes (TE+NT) won't work!...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Nov 23 03:17:32 MST 2005

On Wed, November 23, 2005 7:21, Tzafrir Cohen said:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:20:23PM +0100, Francesco Peeters wrote:
>> I have seen several claims that it can be done: Multiple HFC-PCI cards
>> running both BRI_CPE_PTMP and BRI_NET_PTMP simultaneously, but *nobody*
>> has been able yet to tell me the exact setup to make it work...
>>
>> My asterisk server breaks as soon as I turn one of the two cards in to
>> an
>> NT card, which I suspect is an issue in the (Florz-patched) BriStuffed
>> chan_zap.so module, but as my cards aren't original Junghanns', they
>> obviously aren't supported by Junghanns...
>> (ZapHFC btw shows both cards active, one as TE Master, the other as NT
>> slave, so that seems to be OK! I therefore doubt it is the Florz patch!)
>
> And you're very scarse on details here. How about your zaptel.conf and
> the relevant prts of your zapata.conf?

I had those in previous posts to which nobody responded... I'll repeat below!

> Also: if you want just one of the cards in NT mode and the other
> in TE mode, how can you be sure which one os the first and which is the
> second?

1) Put in both cards
2) Activate only the first in TE mode
3) Test which one responds with D-channel up/down messages when connected
to the PSTN
4) The other one is the second one, which will be running in NT mode...

;-)

> --
> Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jbr.cohens.org.il | VIM is

---- zaptel.conf ----
# hfc-s pci a span definition
# most of the values should be bogus because we are not really zaptel
loadzone=nl
defaultzone=nl

span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
bchan=1-2