[Asterisk-Users] Multiple HFC-PCI cards in mixed modes (TE+NT) won't work!...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Thu Nov 24 12:09:58 MST 2005

On Wed, November 23, 2005 20:29, Francesco Peeters said:
> On Wed, November 23, 2005 11:17, Francesco Peeters said:
<SNIP>

> Just a question: Does the card require a device connected to it to start
> up in NT mode? I have been testing so far, so I have not yet connected my
> phone to the card with a cross-cable because I did not want to lose normal
> telephone access...

Just made myself a crossed NT1 connection to the NT mode card (as
described on the PBX4linux site) and connected my phone.

The zaphfc driver shows that layer 1 is activated (G3) once the phone is
connected, but that is where it stops, as anything above that should be
handled in chan_zap.

However when I leave the card in bri_cpe_ptmp in zapata.conf, the layer2+
protocols are not correct (TE mode) and when I put in bri_net_ptmp, the
chan_zap somehow doesn't complete loading or exits in an unexpected
manner, resulting in a situation where Asterisk stops loading it's
configs, and thus runs without a dialplan and other modules...

Seems to me there's an issue in that area: chan_zap, maybe libpri, etc.

--
Francesco Peeters
----