[Asterisk-Users] Re: Forward Voicemail to remote server?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Tue Nov 22 19:11:11 MST 2005

Hi Brad -

> Well, so I'm trying to get this set up, and I'm a little stuck.  I think
> I've got at least two separate problems.  Asterisk (1.2 from tarball) shows
> this warning:
>
> Nov 22 16:57:54 WARNING[8150]: app_voicemail.c:2065 messagecount: Failed to
> obtain database object for 'asterisk'!
>

> I believe the odbcstorage variable in voicemail.conf needs to
> be set to the name of the connection in res_odbc.conf not the
> dsn.  So in your example, you would need:  odbcstorage=MySQL

Yeah, that's what I took the comments on the wiki to mean, but when I try it like that, I get the following warning:

Nov 22 20:15:16 WARNING[9362]: app_voicemail.c:2000 messagecount: SQL Alloc Handle failed!

To me, this looks like it is not able to connect to the db at all.  Maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks!
Noah