[Asterisk-Users] Dial ZAP with group (g2) erroneously says call answered when it is still ringing - workaround

James B. MacLean macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Sat Nov 26 09:11:09 MST 2005

Hi folks,

This is what I am doing at this time :

exten => _XXXX,1,TrySystem(..command that sends a jabber message..)
exten => _XXXX,2,Set(calling=${EXTEN:0:4})
exten => _XXXX,3,ChanIsAvail(SIP/${calling}@${calling})
exten => _XXXX,4,Dial(SIP/${calling}@${calling},15,tr)
exten => _XXXX,5,Goto(_XXXX-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => _XXXX,104,Dial(Zap/g2/${calling},15,tr)
exten => _XXXX,105,Goto(_XXXX-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => _XXXX-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${calling})
exten => _XXXX-NOANSWER,2,Hangup
exten => _XXXX-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Voicemail(u${calling})
exten => _XXXX-CHANUNAVAIL,2,Hangup
exten => _XXXX-CONGESTION,1,Voicemail(u${calling})
exten => _XXXX-CONGESTION,2,Hangup
exten => _XXXX-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${calling})
exten => _XXXX-BUSY,2,Hangup
exten => _XXXX-CANCEL,1,Voicemail(u${calling})
exten => _XXXX-CANCEL,2,Hangup

Long story short, Asterisk lets me know if the SIP users has their SIP
phone on. If it is, I call it. Otherwise I call their POTS.

Probably should consider calling the POTS if SIP does not answer in
timeout time, but that's for another day :).

Thanks everyone for helping out along the way,
JES