[Asterisk-Users] I need suggestions for on equipment

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Tue Nov 22 09:12:17 MST 2005

Sometime this winter we want to move our company to asterisk from a very
old comdial executech phone system.

At this point I have a system setup at home that we've been using for
several months.
I've tried the grandstream bt101 but have had problems keeping it
working - some days the message waiting indicator works sometime it
doesn't and caller id display is questionable also
I'd like to try the gxp2000, I've heard it can auto answer.
I also have a sipura 841 but the speaker phone is terrible on that, and
I haven't found a way to setup auto answer for paging or transfer
announcement.

So I need suggestions on phone that can auto answer for paging - to let
people know a call is waiting for them.
They also need a good caller id display.

Also we are out in the country so a T1 is out of the question price
wise.  We currently have 4 phone lines and would like to increase that
to possibly 8.

What hardware would you suggest to connect up to 8 phone lines into the
asterisk server?