[Asterisk-Users] Re: Forward Voicemail to remote server?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon Nov 21 07:00:23 MST 2005

Hi Are and Matt -

>>> Of course, what I really want is an asterisk VM system where user
>>> accounts are transparent across many servers, and VM's can be shuffled
>>> around between the servers as a configuration option in voicemail.conf.
>>> I wish I could code and knew Objective-C!  Maybe I should submit a
>>> feature request.
>>
>> Why don't you use realtime voicemail with the thing for storing messages
>> as blobs?

Well that's just plain... Well... Logical ;-)

I guess I was being lazy and trying to avoid implementing realtime across
all our servers just to satisfy the whims of one user.  Since that user does
happen to be our CEO, and since it would help realize my dream of
transparent users across all our servers, well heck, you've talked me into
it.

> Matt Riddell is right again. (He always is) :-)

It does seem that way!  Thanks Matt.

> You just add MySQL replication. It is easy to set up and allows you to have
> voicemail in as many locations you want.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto.html

Ahh.  I would have been fumbling around trying to do this the wrong way for
a long time. Thanks Are!

Thanks,
Noah Miller