[Asterisk-Users] Re: Forward Voicemail to remote server?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Tue Nov 22 16:00:41 MST 2005

Hi All -

>>> Why don't you use realtime voicemail with the thing for storing messages
>>> as blobs?

Well, so I'm trying to get this set up, and I'm a little stuck.  I think
I've got at least two separate problems.  Asterisk (1.2 from tarball) shows
this warning:

Nov 22 16:57:54 WARNING[8150]: app_voicemail.c:2065 messagecount: Failed to
obtain database object for 'asterisk'!

It also says it's still recording to a file spool:

    -- Recording the message
    -- x=0, open writing:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/68/INBOX/msg0000 format: wav49,
0x81afdc8

I've got the voicemessages table set up in mysql (database name 'asterisk').
My res_odbc.conf looks like this:

[MySQL]
dsn => asterisk
username => asterisk
password => secret
pre-connect => yes

And my voicemail.conf (relevant portion) looks like this:

[general]
odbcstorage=asterisk
odbctable=voicemessages

I don't know if it makes a difference, but the only thing in my
extconfig.conf is:

voicemail => mysql,asterisk,voicemail_users

My odbc.ini looks like this:
[MySQL]
Description = MySQL test database
Trace       = Off