[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Sun Nov 20 14:17:32 MST 2005

On 20 Nov 2005, at 20:40, Nitesh Divecha wrote:

> Thanks Rich,
>
> The thing is I can not set a static CallerID for all outbound
> calls. For example "Set(CallerIDnum=2021235395|a)".
>
> I want to pass the DID numbers which are assign to customers to
> outbound provider. For example if a customer with DID number
> (3106548899) makes an outbound call, the callerID has to be same
> the DID number...So the receive can see its coming from call number
> 3106548899.
>
> Thanks for your help... I am running Asterisk 1.0.9
>
> Neal

Here's what we do for our PRI
In the sip.conf section for each of your customers, you add a line:

callerid="My Corp" < 3106548899 >

(change the name and number of course).

Asterisk will pass this through to your provider on outbound calls
from this user.
(Unless you explicitly do a Set(CallerIDnum= ) somewhere else) in
extensions.conf

My provider only wants the last 5 digits sent, so I do a:

exten => _0.,4,SetCIDNum(${CALLERIDNUM:5})

Just before the actual dial.

T.