[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Nitesh Divecha nitesh at vipernetworks.com
Sun Nov 20 16:15:09 MST 2005

Thanks Tim,

The way my Asterisk is configured is like a bridging device between
my DID provider, outbound carrier, and other incoming carrier.

Customers are logged in on different Proxy servers and when the call
is placed it is forwarded to Asterisk and routed to outbound carriers.

When I do "sip debug" I do see the call coming to Asterisk. For
example From: 3106548899 at 192.168.10.10:5060 To: Asterisk with the
number to make call.

Now how can I grab 3106548899 and set it as CallerID and send it
outbound carrier?

Thanking you in advance...

Nitesh

On Nov 20, 2005, at 1:17 PM, tim panton wrote:

> On 20 Nov 2005, at 20:40, Nitesh Divecha wrote:
>
>> Thanks Rich,
>>
>> The thing is I can not set a static CallerID for all outbound
>> calls. For example "Set(CallerIDnum=2021235395|a)".
>>
>> I want to pass the DID numbers which are assign to customers to
>> outbound provider. For example if a customer with DID number
>> (3106548899) makes an outbound call, the callerID has to be same
>> the DID number...So the receive can see its coming from call
>> number 3106548899.
>>
>> Thanks for your help... I am running Asterisk 1.0.9
>>
>> Neal
>
> Here's what we do for our PRI
> In the sip.conf section for each of your customers, you add a line:
>
> callerid="My Corp" < 3106548899 >
>
> (change the name and number of course).
>
> Asterisk will pass this through to your provider on outbound calls
> from this user.
> (Unless you explicitly do a Set(CallerIDnum= ) somewhere else) in
> extensions.conf
>
> My provider only wants the last 5 digits sent, so I do a:
>
> exten => _0.,4,SetCIDNum(${CALLERIDNUM:5})
>
> Just before the actual dial.
>
> T.

Nitesh Divecha
VoIP/Network Engineer