[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Nitesh Divecha nitesh at vipernetworks.com
Sun Nov 20 13:40:02 MST 2005

Thanks Rich,

The thing is I can not set a static CallerID for all outbound calls.
For example "Set(CallerIDnum=2021235395|a)".

I want to pass the DID numbers which are assign to customers to
outbound provider. For example if a customer with DID number
(3106548899) makes an outbound call, the callerID has to be same the
DID number...So the receive can see its coming from call number
3106548899.

Thanks for your help... I am running Asterisk 1.0.9

Neal

Neal On Nov 20, 2005, at 5:55 AM, Rich Adamson wrote:

>> My Asterisk is configured like a Soft Switch, I have many incoming
>> and outgoing traffic to different providers.
>>
>> How can I forward CallerID to my providers. My providers are
>> complaining big time as the CallerID is set to Zero...
>>

> If you're running reasonably current * code, try something like:
>
> exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Set(CallerIDnum=2021235395|a)
> exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,Set(CallerIDname=MyName|a)
> exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,3,Dial(IAX2/teliaxout/${EXTEN})

Nitesh Divecha
VoIP/Network Engineer
Viper Networks
2070 Business Center Drive, Suite 210