[Asterisk-Users] Weird 1.2 stable problem

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 10:02:10 MST 2005

I installed 1.2 tarball from
http://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/asterisk-1.2.0.tar.gz yesterday.
I had it running for about 24 hours and everything was working
perfectly, ZAP, SIP, IAX.

I did a lot of experimenting with features.conf today. At first
nothing worked. Then suddenly, all the features were working. I did
several experiments with these and used a restart afetr each edit of
features.conf.

All of a sudden, the Dial app stopped working properly. When the call
was answered, it would report that but keep ringing and the bridge
didn't happen, no audio was passed. The two channels caller and callee
would stay up "stuck" somehow.

I thought I saw something about features and restarts and featuresmaps
piling up and accumulating? Could that be the cause? If so, was this
fixed in HEAD? Any other suggestions?

For the moment, I've put 1.0.9 back and it works as before,
eliminating phone or other hardware from the issue. I'm totally at a
loss to debug this and wonder if the symptoms  mean anything to
anyone?