[Asterisk-Users] Weird 1.2 stable problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 20 10:21:27 MST 2005

> I installed 1.2 tarball from
> http://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/asterisk-1.2.0.tar.gz yesterday.
> I had it running for about 24 hours and everything was working
> perfectly, ZAP, SIP, IAX.
>
> I did a lot of experimenting with features.conf today. At first
> nothing worked. Then suddenly, all the features were working. I did
> several experiments with these and used a restart afetr each edit of
> features.conf.
>
> All of a sudden, the Dial app stopped working properly. When the call
> was answered, it would report that but keep ringing and the bridge
> didn't happen, no audio was passed. The two channels caller and callee
> would stay up "stuck" somehow.
>
> I thought I saw something about features and restarts and featuresmaps
> piling up and accumulating? Could that be the cause? If so, was this
> fixed in HEAD? Any other suggestions?
>
> For the moment, I've put 1.0.9 back and it works as before,
> eliminating phone or other hardware from the issue. I'm totally at a
> loss to debug this and wonder if the symptoms  mean anything to
> anyone?

I can't answer your questions, but as an FWI...

- check the README and Changelog to ensure the default values and statements
  in your config files haven't changed. Lots of stuff has changed, and no
  one can actually answer your specific questions without looking through
  your specific config files (regardless of which * version you're using)

- There were about 10 to 20 fixes submitted late yesterday or early this
  morning to cvs-head. I don't have a clue if they pertain to v1.2 for
  sure, but since cvs-head and v1.2 was basically the same thing until
  earlier this week, I'd have to guess those bug fixes pertain to v1.2
  as well. (Watch the -cvs list for what is being applied.)

Rich