[Asterisk-Users] FAX difference IAXModem / Hylafax and spandsp app_rxfax

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Nov 18 13:38:14 MST 2005

> In this example faxdetect is overwriting the DID.
>
> So the trick then would be to somewhere early-on in your dialplan grab
> the DID into some variable, and then restore it after the fax detection
> occurs...
>
> [default]
> exten => _X.,1, SetVar(ORIGEXTEN=${EXTEN})
> exten => s,2,Wait(3)
> exten => fax,1,Dial(IAX2/ttyIAX0/${ORIGEXTEN})
>
> Lee.

I am having no luck here. It seems the fax detection is overriding
everything. I added the above and it never gets called. I guess it might
be time to look at the Asterisk code and see if I can create another
variable before the redirect happens.

     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
     -- Redirecting Zap/1-1 to fax extension
     -- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1", "IAX2/999/|20") in new stack