[Asterisk-Users] FAX difference IAXModem / Hylafax and spandsp app_rxfax

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Nov 28 06:48:36 MST 2005

I looked into why I can't get the original DID number called when a fax
is detected (so I can later route to the correct email address). There
is a variable called FAXEXTEN that is created when a fax is detected,
but it is not being populated with the original extension / did number
called. It always has 's' as the original extension. Does anyone know
how to fix this? I just want to use the zap fax detection so each person
can have their personal DID number accept faxes and calls, then route
the fax to their email address based on the DID number called.

- James