[Asterisk-Users] FAX difference IAXModem / Hylafax and spandsp app_rxfax

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Fri Nov 18 13:05:10 MST 2005

James Armstrong wrote:

> The only problem here is, we are using our normal did numbers that
> forward to our extensions. Asterisk detects the fax tone and sends it
> to the exten => fax,1,.... extension.

In this example faxdetect is overwriting the DID.

So the trick then would be to somewhere early-on in your dialplan grab
the DID into some variable, and then restore it after the fax detection
occurs...

[default]
exten => _X.,1, SetVar(ORIGEXTEN=${EXTEN})
exten => s,2,Wait(3)
exten => fax,1,Dial(IAX2/ttyIAX0/${ORIGEXTEN})

Lee.