[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail ODBC storage and realtime

Edwin Horton edhorton at navcorp.com
Fri Nov 18 12:09:27 MST 2005

Using Asterisk-1.2.0, I have voicemail messages stored in a MySQL database
with ODBC.  I am using a database to store certain config files, such as
sip.conf, via Realtime Static.  Since you must define the variable
odbcstorage in the voicemail.conf file to allow ODBC storage to work, what
do you do if you want to store the voicemail accounts via realtime (not
static) and have no voicemail.conf file.l.  Do you still use the
voicemail.conf file and just define all of the mailboxes via Realtime?  I
tried this, but for some reason, I could not get asterisk to query the mysql
database for the mailbox info.  If I defined the mailbox in the
voicemail.conf as usual, all was OK

Thanks..