[Asterisk-Users] mISDN and chan_isdn for 1.2

Vidar asterisk at nextbyte.no
Thu Nov 24 18:06:59 MST 2005

This is how I just did it (finally):

### First grab the mqueue branch of mISDN to the folder which is hard-coded
in the chan_misdn Makefile
mkdir /usr/src/mqueue
cd /usr/src/mqueue
cvs -d :pserver:guest at cvs.isdn4linux.de:/i4ldev login
(password: readonly)

cvs -d :pserver:guest at cvs.isdn4linux.de:/i4ldev co -r mqueue mISDN
cvs -d :pserver:guest at cvs.isdn4linux.de:/i4ldev co -r mqueue mISDNuser

### Patch kernel with mISDN
cd /usr/src/mqueue/mISDN
./std2kern

### (Recompile and install kernel with the usual capi/mISDN modules....
reboot)  ###

### Make sure you update your linux with the header files of mISDN (not
doing this has cause me lots of head-ache and wasted hours)

cp /usr/src/mqueue/mISDN/include/linux/*.h /usr/include/linux

### Make mISDNuser

cd /usr/src/mqueue/mISDNuser
make

### Download and install chan_misdn

cd ..
wget http://www.beronet.com/downloads/chan_misdn/unstable/chan_misdn.tar.gz
tar zxf chan_misdn.tar.gz
cd chan_misdn
make
make install
/etc/init.d/misdn-init config
/etc/init.d/misdn-init start

At last I configured mISDN using instructions available in README and in
various web sites ###
That includes...
* changing my card to NT mode in /etc/misdn-init.conf
* modifying /etc/asterisk/misdn.conf
* modifying /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
* make sure the module loads in asterisk /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
* Start asterisk

Regards,
Vidar