[Asterisk-Users] Hung Zap channels

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Fri Nov 18 00:09:46 MST 2005

---- Original Message ----
From: "John Heng" <jheng at pixion.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 1:56 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Hung Zap channels

> Hi all,
>
>  Once in a while, I've found
> that the zap channel will get stuck (or blocked) even after the call
> has ended.
>
> The way I've fix this is to issue a "soft hangup" command for that
> zap channel. However, I'm not always aware of this until a user tells
> (or complains to) me.
>
> What I would like to know is if there is a way to reset all the zap
> channels or re-initialize the drivers without restarting Asterisk. If
> so, I could set up a cron job to do it once or twice a week, in the
> middle of the night. Any suggestion guys??

To have a channel blocked for ½-1 week would not be good, I think...
Can you determine in a script if a channel is hung?
Then do a soft hangup on it.
Run this in cron.
Or regularly do a soft hangup on any channel which haven't had activity in x
minutes.
But the best solution is naturally to determine why the channel hangs and
fix the problem.

Leif