[Asterisk-Users] Hung Zap channels

John Heng jheng at pixion.com
Thu Nov 17 17:56:46 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm running asterisk 1.0.9 (yes I know - 1.2 has just been released) with a TDM400P board that has 4 FXO port. Once in a while, I've found that the zap channel will get stuck (or blocked) even after the call has ended. Sometimes this is when someone has left a voice msg, but not always.

The way I've fix this is to issue a "soft hangup" command for that zap channel. However, I'm not always aware of this until a user tells (or complains to) me.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to reset all the zap channels or re-initialize the drivers without restarting Asterisk. If so, I could set up a cron job to do it once or twice a week, in the middle of the night. Any suggestion guys??

Cheers
J Heng