[Asterisk-Users] Hung Zap channels

Jesus Bermudez Riquelme - Pcmur Soluciones Informaticas idi1 at pcmur.com
Fri Nov 18 01:16:58 MST 2005

Hmm, it sounds to me the hangup detection problem. Here's a way to solve that problem:

Apply this patch:

http://www.maxosystem.net/asterisk/asterisk-stable-polarity-v5.diff

$ cd /usr/src/asterisk/channels
$ patch chan_zap.c < /your/route/here/asterisk-stable-polarity-v5.diff

and in zapata.conf :

answeronpolarityswitch=yes
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

Sure, it will only help if your PSTN company does hangup detection by changing polarity of the line, refer to their line specificacions to more info.

Hope it helps ;)