[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hobby box

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Tue Nov 15 16:34:50 MST 2005

Logan wrote:
> I was wondering if it was feasable to istall
> Asterisk on this box and have that modem (or whatever modem) with a
> regular telephone wired to the "Phone" port.

I'm a bit of a noob, also, but I don't think the Phone port on those
cards are real FXS ports.  I.e., I think they just connect through to
the PXO jack while the modem is not in an off-hook state.  Can someone
verify this?

A test might be to see if you get 'battery' (voltage) on the phone port
when nothing is connected to the line/fxo port?

Phil