[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hobby box

Nick Barton nickvoip at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 07:42:30 MST 2005

Logan,
I have a hobby box set up running asterisk at home with two winmodems, not
digium clones, and it works just fine. As long as debian has drivers for it
there shouldn't be any problem. Granted I have only set this up in at home.
As for FXS cards the best way to go there is to either use a softphone or
get a sipura box off of E-bay. Shouldn't be that expensive and most of them
let you run two phones. I am using an SPA-2000 which has been replaced by
the 2002 but you should be able to find one on e-bay. Hope this helps.