[Asterisk-Users] Possible bug in agent monitoring

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Nov 15 15:52:15 MST 2005

Bad form replying to my own post, but I'm getting my ass chewed here
because we need to listen to a call I think has been trashed ;)

I've now tried using the Monitor command:

1) Incoming Call Answered By Extension A
2) Conversation between caller and A
3) A decides to transfer call to B
4) A talks to B
5) A transfers to B
6) B has conversation with caller
7) Hangup.

This results in the full call being recorded. (up to point 7)

1) Incoming Call Answered By Queue
2) Queue Calls Agent A
3) Agent A confirms ready to talk
4) Conversation between caller and Agent A
5) Agent A decides to transfer call to Extension B
6) Agent A talks to extension B
7) Agent A transfers to extension B
8) Extension B has conversation with caller
9) Hangup.

This results in the call being recorded, but only up to point 6 (actuall
y to point 5 - between 5 and 6 is only the sound from the caller, i.e.
not the conversation between A and B - that's a different call)

As you can see, we are now missing the conversation between the caller
and Extension B.

I really need an answer to this - even if it is a pointer to the code so
that I can start looking for the problem.

I would do away with the agent recording and record through the
dialplan, but I have some queues that use members and not agents.

AARRGGHH. ;)

Julian