[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-2002 Double Ring

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Mon Nov 14 04:52:48 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote on Sunday, 13 November 2005 7:36 PM:

>> I recently implemented a Sipura SPA-2002 with one of my Asterisk
>> installations.  On internal calls, the SPA generates ringtone as
>> expected. However, when I dial out via my IAX-based service
>> provider, I hear
>> both the telco-generated ringtone as well as the SPA-generated
>> ringtone.  Sometimes, the SPA continues to generate the ringtone even
>> after the call has been answered.
>
> I don't have a spa-2002, but do use a spa3k. I doubt very much the
> sipura device is actually providing ringback tone, and I don't recall
> any parameters that would enable/disable such an item. (The Admin
> manual does not mention it either.)
>
> You might check your extensions.conf entry for dialing your provider
> to see if you have an "r" in that line. If so, remove it.

The SPA-2002 is definitely generating the additional ringback.  I verified
this by temporarily changing the frequency of the ringback in the SPA's
"Regional" settings.

I also verified that I am not using the "r" option in the Dial command.  If
I were, however, only the Asterisk-generated ringback would be heard, and
then only until the call supervised (i.e. I would not be hearing two
distinct ring signals, and the ringback would not occasionally persist for
the duration of a call while still hearing the called party).

This problem is present only with the SPA-2002, and none of the other SIP
devices connected to this Asterisk server.  I have also tried making
outbound calls via different service providers, all with the same results.

Thanks again.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds