[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-2002 Double Ring

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 13 20:35:37 MST 2005

> I recently implemented a Sipura SPA-2002 with one of my Asterisk
> installations.  On internal calls, the SPA generates ringtone as expected.
> However, when I dial out via my IAX-based service provider, I hear both the
> telco-generated ringtone as well as the SPA-generated ringtone.  Sometimes,
> the SPA continues to generate the ringtone even after the call has been
> answered.
>
> I saw this item mentioned on the list some time ago.  However, I did not see
> a resolution.  I am interested to know if anyone has come up with a "fix"
> for this situation.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you for your assistance.

I don't have a spa-2002, but do use a spa3k. I doubt very much the
sipura device is actually providing ringback tone, and I don't recall
any parameters that would enable/disable such an item. (The Admin manual
does not mention it either.)

You might check your extensions.conf entry for dialing your provider to
see if you have an "r" in that line. If so, remove it.