[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk realtime extensions context inclusion

Daniel Clark clarkd2 at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 00:44:49 MST 2005

Thanks for the reply, it's an approach I didn't think of to simply include
the information from the other contexts into where I would be including
from. In most cases that would work, but not in my case. Each user of my
system will be able to place outgoing calls using their own sip connection
(as in one they create with sipgate or vonage etc). To ensure that each user
can dial out with their own sip connection and nobody else's they are each
getting their own context and that context is the only place in the dialplan
to dial that particular external sip connection. For a small amount of users
it's possible to include all the information in each context, however I'm
dealing with 15,000 users and would like a database small enough to fit on
the hard disk!

Would it not be possible to do something with the Goto app? In each persons
dialplan I can have an extension to catch internal numbers and then forward
to another context using exten => 1,1,Goto(context2) or something like that?

I have to stick with the database option as there are other applications
that need quick access to the information it holds. It's not really possible
to generate the flat file for all the contexts when at some times that would
mean generating the file over 1,000 a day and reloads of the database each
time. If I can stick with the realtime database in any way, I would much
prefer to.

  _____