[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk realtime extensions context inclusion

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 01:26:52 MST 2005

On 11/13/05, Daniel Clark <clarkd2 at cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:

>  Thanks for the reply, it's an approach I didn't think of to simply
> include the information from the other contexts into where I would be
> including from. In most cases that would work, but not in my case. Each user
> of my system will be able to place outgoing calls using their own sip
> connection (as in one they create with sipgate or vonage etc). To ensure
> that each user can dial out with their own sip connection and nobody else's
> they are each getting their own context and that context is the only place
> in the dialplan to dial that particular external sip connection. For a small
> amount of users it's possible to include all the information in each
> context, however I'm dealing with 15,000 users and would like a database
> small enough to fit on the hard disk!

Even if your contexts are fairly good size, 15,000 of them is nothing as far
as the space they will take up in the database or how it will effect query
performance.

Would it not be possible to do something with the Goto app? In each persons
> dialplan I can have an extension to catch internal numbers and then forward
> to another context using exten => 1,1,Goto(context2) or something like that?

I don't think you can jump to a context itself, only an extension within a
context.

You might take a look at using agi or fastagi for outbound call routing. My
gut tells me that a fastagi app connected to your own database schema would
be a lot more efficient then using realtime.