[Asterisk-Users] Advice on Asterisk-based home voicemail+fax+data system

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:03:46 MST 2005

Although I love asterisk, I've found that for a home setup I really like the
SPA-3000. The dialplan in the 3000 sends out all local calls via the pstn
and routes long distance to asterisk where I can use 2-3 different providers
in case one goes down. The 3000 can also send an incoming pstn call to an
asterisk extension after so many rings for your voicemail. Asterisk just
handles voicemail and outgoing voip calls.

I use to have a hylafax server, but switched to using trustfax about 6
months ago. For $10 a year and $.10 a fax it doesn't make any sense to be
running my own fax server, especially since it comes with an 800 number, fax
to email, pdf conversion, etc..

Chris