[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-2002 Double Ring

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Sun Nov 13 20:01:52 MST 2005

I recently implemented a Sipura SPA-2002 with one of my Asterisk
installations.  On internal calls, the SPA generates ringtone as expected.
However, when I dial out via my IAX-based service provider, I hear both the
telco-generated ringtone as well as the SPA-generated ringtone.  Sometimes,
the SPA continues to generate the ringtone even after the call has been
answered.

I saw this item mentioned on the list some time ago.  However, I did not see
a resolution.  I am interested to know if anyone has come up with a "fix"
for this situation.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you for your assistance.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds