[Asterisk-Users] Queues with one Agent set to DND

Juan Manuel Coronado Z. juanmc at unicauca.edu.co
Thu Nov 10 07:38:03 MST 2005

James Armstrong wrote:

> I have a question. Is there any way to have a caller entering a Queue
> to go to voicemail if there is only one Agent and that extension has
> the phone set to DND? We have one extension that is the primary
> service technician and have it set to always be a member / logged in,
> so he cannot just logout when he goes to lunch. The phone rings when
> he is at lunch and drives people crazy. I tried setting DND on, when a
> call comes into the queue it shows his extension as do not disturb and
> sets it to BUSY, but the call is still on hold. I would think that if
> there is only one agent and that agent is set to DND the call should
> proceed as if there were no agents logged in.
>
> - James

James,

You should try to use normal sip channels instead of agents and define
them as members of a queue, so you are able to set a voicemail when
busy/unavailable.

Check http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+call+queues
*
*// Members are those channels that are active answering the Queue. It
can be agents or normal channels, like "sip/snom23"

Regards,

Juan Manuel Coronado Z.