[Asterisk-Users] Intel Desktop MotherBoards Unsuitable for Digium Boards

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:59:23 MST 2005

How do you get your system to use IO-APIC style interrupts? I am running
linux-2.6.14 and have enabled "Local APIC support on uniprocessors" and
"IO-APIC support on uniprocessors" in the kernel options, but
/proc/interrupts says that everything is using XT-PIC. I am running an Intel
P3-1200 CPU although I forget what chipset the machine has. Is there an
option in the BIOS of a typical Intel machine that needs to be enabled in
order for this to work?

This has not been a problem in the past as I have been using only SIP and
IAX connections. But I have ordered a digium TDM card and will be installing
it tomorrow, and I would like to head off any potential problems if
possible.

-Rusty