[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 - TFTP

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:28:23 MST 2005

Hey all.
 I recently got the above mentioned phone and am having trouble upgrading
the firmware. I have the sip firmware (availabe but not loaded), but
wouldn't mind using sccp it's just that I can't even get the config file to
load via tftp. The phone loops requesting CTLSEP<mac>.tlv then will, for
whatever reason start asking for the SEP<mac>.cnf.xml file even though the
.tlv file was never sent. I can see the requests coming onto my gentoo box,
but my machine never replies, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with my
tftpserver or just this (used) phone. I've read several articles on the
wiki, in particular, this one
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Firmware+issues+on+7940+-+7960 , discussing
this problem.
 So, here are a couple of questions.
1) I'm using a null file for CTLSEP<mac>.tlv.. is that sufficient, or does
the file actually need something (empty set of xml tags or something)
2) Is there any other way to get the files on the phone?? (even w/ tftp, can
I put them there? I scanned the phone and the only listen port i see is 80)
 I'm using netkit-tftp server (atftp crashes for some reason) and I've chmod
777 the /tftproot dir. No firewall between phone and server.
 I'm not home at the moment, but will be shortly so if anyone is interested
in helping (or knows of a link that might help [i think i've exhausted the
wiki]), let me know what info you need and I will provide it.
 This paperweight looks like it would make a cool phone for me :)

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni