[Asterisk-Users] Festival Sound Quality

Marcus Deluigi (intern) i-mardel at wicresoft.com
Mon Nov 7 01:29:00 MST 2005

Hi!

I installed Asterisk and Festival on a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.70GHz and
500 MB Ram.
Whenever Asterisk calls the Festival(..) Application, it seems that a
lot of UDP packets get lost or are corrupt (although the festival server
is running on the same machine).
("ast_rtp_read:  RTP: Received packet with bad UDP checksum").
The resulting sound quality is really poor.
Did anyone encounter the same problem and knows a workaround for it?

I tried to pre-recording the Festival-Text and to do just a simple
playback. Unfortunately, the Asterisk-Text itself is clicky and noise. A
web site tells me, I can get good results if I use a multiband EQ to
filter out the undesired freqs.
Did anyone do this before, so that he can recommend me a program and the
freqs?
(a simple command-line instruction for sox or audacity 'filter -f blah
in out' would be great... ).

Greetings,
Marcus