[Asterisk-Users] DNS Server Failure wreaks havoc

Robbie Hughes spam at dynsysgroup.com
Mon Nov 7 02:00:04 MST 2005

Using IPs only and no domains didn't do the trick for me, but then I
may have missed one or two without realising. I did find that putting
a DNS server in the asterisk box works perfectly for asterisk, but
the grandstream budgetone 101 phones i had relied on a dns (even if i
replaced the ntp server with an IP) and would not work without them.
the symptom would be the call comes in (over ISDN), rings , but the
phones don't pickup. This was not an issue for SPA-841s or SNOM 190s,
both of which are perfectly happy with just IPs.

Funny things was that they weren't happy using the asterisk box's dns
either - even though i could dig @192.168.1.254 domain.com from my
laptop without problems.