[Asterisk-Users] R2-Digital (Q.421)

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Nov 5 00:35:39 MST 2005

Hi Jesus,

FX is not a variant of R2. It is a completely different signalling
protocol. This means your service provider is using R2 for some of your
channels, and providing all your incoming calls on those channels. It is
use FX signalling for other channels, and you must make your outgoing
calls there. Someone else told be about a similar configuration. I think
they were able to use chan_zap for the other channels, and make use of
its FX signalling features. I am not sure how that works, as FX
signalling over E1s is far from standardised.

Regards,
Steve