[Asterisk-Users] A few Zaptel BRI questions...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Nov 2 14:38:36 MST 2005

Replying to my own post (I kept on trying while waiting for an answer),
just for the record (and the archives)

On Wed, November 2, 2005 19:33, Francesco Peeters said:
> I'm having some issues, and thought it wise to check with the list before
> putting in any more time
>
> Here we go:
> 1) Do Zaptel BRI (Cologne based cards) support DID routing (I believe they
> do, but the behavior of my (*) server is making me doubt, and I want to be
> sure before attempting any more permutations)

Yes

> 2) The (*) is parallel to my current Siemens Gigaset4135. Incoming calls
> on all MSNs show up on the display for a split second. I assume that means
> (*) steals them away before anybody would be able to answer. If all worked
> fine, that would not be an issue, but until then, I would prefer parallel
> rings, or at least for (*) to leave the main MSN alone, and only capture
> the others. Is this possible?

Yes

> 3) Are MSN's the same as DIDs for (*)?

Yes

> That's it for now, any help is appreciated...

To elaborate: My ZAPATA.CONF initially had immediate=yes. I changed it to
no yesterday, but had not yet rebooted.

Of course when I continued working on the MSN/DID issue, I had totally
forgotten that a reboot had not yet taken place, and as the zapata.conf
had immediate=no, I did not understand.

Of course, after a while something started nagging, and I realized that
the new ZAPATA config had not been loaded yet...

It now works great!

All MSN's/DID's coexist on the Siemens and (*) and I can even call from
the one to the other...

--
Francesco Peeters
----