[Asterisk-Users] Fax between Asterisk SIP clients

Andy Kuo akuoca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:53:29 MST 2005

Hi all,
 I'm looking for a fax solution with Asterisk. I would like the users to be
able to hook up regular fax machines to their SIP ATA's and send/receive fax
from PSTN and/or other SIP clients.
My goal is:
 fax machines <-----> SIP ATA ----- Asterisk ----- T1(TE406E) <-----> fax on
PSTN
 It looks like Hylafax will allow me to receive fax from PSTN, but not send
to PSTN. I also tried Spandsp, and it seems to receive fax ok from ATA's,
but I can't figure out how to have it automatically forward the fax file to
fax machines on PSTN or other SIP extensions.
 Can I have Spandsp dial and send the fax to the destination automatically?
Are there other software / hardware solutions that can help me achieve my
goal?
 Please advise.
Thanks to any help/ideas.
AK