[Asterisk-Users] CRM integration (was RE: CallerID)

Sat May 28 11:19:39 MST 2005

<snip>

>> Could you use javascript, or java from within the browser, which is
>> both portable, and likely to work on ANY browser....
>> that way there is no installation as such, just visit the page, and
>> leave a browser window open (minimised) which is 'listening' for
>> connections ??
>
>Sigh...
>
>Browsers don't "listen". They inititiate a connection, process the
requested transaction with the web server, and close the connection. The
simply can't be used to "listen" for an arbitrary connection.

Actually, I don't think that you are quite right here.

The guy mentioned Java from within the browser. I believe that I am right in
saying that a Java applet should very well be able to listen for tcp
connections as well as udp datagrams. Try this primer:
http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/2795l/pages/javaapps.htm#Class%20ServerSocket%20(
TCP%20Server%20Connections)

Tom