[Asterisk-Users] G729 vs. gsm

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 03:12:27 MST 2005

I installed G729 from Diguim and I was expecting the
sound quality on my i686 machine to be better than
gsm. Compared to gsm,  G729 sounds closer and a little
robotic. Is this what is supposed to be or am I
missing something?
I am interested in G729 because the internet in my
country is very expensive and I want to save every bit
possible. I want to use G729 because it takes less
bandwidth for each additional call between two IAX
servers than other codecs.

Regards;
Chawki