[Asterisk-Users] Re: Conferences using Manager API

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu May 26 00:22:53 MST 2005

In article <20050525181851.2071.qmail at web26506.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>,
Paulo <mao_tse_tungue at yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup a three party conference using
> the Asterisk Manager API. I am using the Redirect
> action over an established two party call. The
> procedure I am using is to try to redirect the two
> existing channels to a third party. I would expect
> this to connect both channels to the third party.
> However, one of the two parties gets disconnected. Is
> this the expected behavior? Is there any other way to
> setup such a conference?

You have to do it using a MeetMe conference.

for example, in extensions.conf you could have:

[conference]
; single-digit conf numbers
exten => _X,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|dq)
exten => _X,2,Hangup
; multi-digit conf numbers
exten => _X.,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|dq)
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

and then in the Manager API you redirect both legs of your established
call at once using Channel and ExtraChannel:

Action: Redirect
Channel: <first channel>
ExtraChannel: <second channel>
Context: conference
Exten: <confnum>

You have to do them both at once, otherwise you would drop one channel
when the other lets go of it to join the conference.

You can then add any other callers to the same conference as required.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony
--