[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP501

Charlie Watts cwatts at mercurypay.com
Wed May 25 11:30:51 MST 2005

Noah Miller wrote:
> I noticed that the Polycom IP501's are now shipping.  Has anyone
> gotten one yet, and if so, what's different about the phone?  Any UI
> improvements, or is it just better hardware?

The IP501 has more flash memory.

That probably means you can store more addressbook entries locally
(instead of on a server), store more ringtones or images.

More importantly, it supports booting from HTTPS or FTPS, and the IP500
does not.

That's about it. Nothing else is different. At least according to
everything I can find in the release notes.