[Asterisk-Users] Issues with Polycom 1.5.2

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Wed May 18 15:10:24 MST 2005

Hi Matt,

> Matt Darnell wrote:
>
>>> From the Wiki:
>>

>> 'There are aready a few bugs in 1.5.2 but more fixes some good new
>> features'
>> Anyone know where the bugs are being listed?
>>
>> I am working through a few issues:
>> 1. When rebooting, the phone will pause for exactly 180 seconds with
>> the screen reading 'updating initial configuration'.  I know it is 180
>> seconds because when I tail the FTP server log the entries are always
>> 180 second apart.  I know it can read/write to the FTP server, it
>> updates  the bootlog etc.  Not sure where that timeout is set.
>>
>> 2. If I try to explicity mention files in 'CONFIG_FILES = "XXXX.cfg,
>> sip.cfg"' I get an error 0x10000 or 0x4000 on the phone.

For the 180 second thing. I noticed this recently as well, but this was
due to us using ProFTPD as our ftp server.

According to the release notes, they have fixed 'issues' with the
proftpd server.

What I did to get around it was disable my firewall, allow all phones to
update to the newest version, then re-enable firewall, and reboot to
verify it worked, and it seems to be working fine now.

Hope this helps,
Matt